Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:13:44 -0500

419 
ATPQ40 PGUM 231513
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SUN OCT 24 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W IS CENTERED WELL WEST OF THE MARIANAS NEAR 
17N133E. TD 16W IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 MPH. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND BETWEEN 17N AND 10N FROM 130E TO 
139E. CONVERGING WINDS SOUTH OF 16W ARE GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF YAP WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
EQ133E TO 5N138E TO 7N146E. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION...REFER TO 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUBLIC ADVISORIES ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER 
WTPQ32 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN32 PGTW.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 17W CONTINUES TO WEAKEN AND IS CENTERED JUST 
SOUTHEAST OF MINAMI TORI SHIMA AT 23N155E. TD 17W IS MOVING 
NORTHEASTWARD AT 5 MPH WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 MPH. 
SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING WITHIN 75 MILES OF THE CENTER 
OF TD 17W. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION...REFER TO NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE PUBLIC ADVISORIES ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ33 PGUM AND 
JTWC BULLETINS ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN33 PGTW.

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 4N153E TO 13N158E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND LOCATED NEAR CHUUK WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A 
LINE FROM 4N147E TO 10N151E TO 10N156E TO 4N155E BACK TO 4N147E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED TO WIDELY SCATTERED 
SHOWERS NORTH OF MAJURO BETWEEN 15N AND 7N FROM 168E TO 176E 
AND ALSO NORTH OF KOSRAE WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N161E TO 
12N166E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.