Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:18:53 -0500

287 
FZPN01 KWBC 231618
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 23 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 24 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 44N144W 973 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING 
NEXT 12 HOURS THEN SLOWING. WITHIN 120 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E 
AND W...420 NM S AND 120 NM N QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 20 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N137W 959 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 23 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM E AND NE AND 300 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N135W 957 MB. FROM 45N TO 50N BETWEEN 
130W AND 143W WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 20 TO 36 FT...HIGHEST S OF 
LOW. ALSO WITHIN 660 NM S...480 NM W...300 NM E AND 240 NM N 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N129W 979 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 21 TO 40 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
48N129W. ELSEWHERE FROM 44N TO 52N E OF 141W AND WITHIN 480 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST S OF THE 
LOW CENTER. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N130W 990 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 49N133W 
TO 48N128W TO 45N126W TO 37N130W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 
40N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 53N E OF 135W AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
48N137W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N170W 974 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM N 
AND NW SEMICIRCLES AND 900 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT EXCEPT IN BERING SEA 10 FT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N161W 984 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N151W 993 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE EXCEPT 
WHERE NOTED IN PARAGRAPH 1 ABOVE...WITHIN 540 NM S AND SW AND 
360 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N176E 1005 MB MOVING E 20 KT. STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 34N165W TO LOW CENTER. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 33N 
W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 32N177W TO 39N165E AND WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N175W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 34N W OF 160W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 336N155W 1016 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND SW FROM 
LOW TO 30N170W. S OF 35N W OF 162W AND W OF FRONT WINDS NE TO E 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N139W 993 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 
NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 160E AND 173E AREA OF W TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N175W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 
420 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N157W 1007 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 240 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 39N TO 46N BETWEEN 154W AND 165W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N159E 994 MB JUST W OF AREA. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 44N TO 49N W OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 50N W OF 166E WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N180W 990 MB. FROM 45N TO 49N BETWEEN 
173W AND 173E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM S AND 150 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT. ALSO FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 178W AND 170E AND 
WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N161W 992 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN 
WARNINGS SECTION BETWEEN 120 NM AND 600 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 43N W OF 165E 
AREA OF S WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 43N143W TO 36N154W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 
133W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N162E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N178E 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 09N TO 18N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 13N BETWEEN 
115W AND 132W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 20N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 110W...EXCEPT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N118W 
TO 20N125W...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 116W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 83W AND 95W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N BETWEEN 79W AND 106W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 83W AND 92W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 11N E OF 100W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 85W AND 94W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF LINE 10N95W TO 
00N86W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.N OF 25N E OF 115W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT OCT 23...

.LOW PRES 10N128W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW CENTER.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 10N86W TO 
11N102W TO 08N115W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N128W TO 06N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE N OF 04N E OF 81W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 180 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 130W AND 140W. 

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.