Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:45:09 -0500

677 
FZPN40 PHFO 231645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 29N163E TO 28N160E MOVING SE 10 KT. 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF THE FRONT.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 26N160E TO 26N173E TO 30N166W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM S OF THE FRONT AND N OF THE FRONT E OF 
163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 26N173E TO 24N160E.  WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT N OF THE FRONT E OF 170E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE 
N OF THE FRONT AND ELSEWHERE N OF 26N BETWEEN 176E AND 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 24N178W TO 22N168E TO 
25N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF THE FRONT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.HIGH 24N147W 1021MB MOVING W 10 KT.  RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 25N140W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 24N172W TO 19N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N140W 1022MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 30N156W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT E OF A LINE FROM 21N140W TO 08N172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 
27N180E TO 30N173W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
23N160E TO 30N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 09N AND 16N E OF 
167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 
30N174W TO 25N170E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 22N180W TO 30N160W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 08N AND 19N 
E OF 170W.  

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 13N W OF 178E.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 09N153W TO 05N172W TO 07N179W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 
160W...AND WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE ITCZ W OF 167W. 

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.