Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:30:14 -0500

735 
ATHW40 PHFO 231830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 23 2010

A WEAK HIGH PRESSURE CENTER LOCATED NEAR 25N 140W EXTENDS A RIDGE OF 
HIGH PRESSURE ALONG 25N THAT STRETCHES ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC.  
SOUTH OF THE RIDGE...BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 20N...LOW CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING 10 TO 25 MPH TOWARD THE WEST. FROM 25N TO 30N...LOW CLOUDS 
ARE MOVING TOWARD THE EAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH BETWEEN 140W TO 170W. 
FROM 170W TO THE DATELINE...LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING 10 TO 20 MPH 
TOWARD THE NORTHEAST AS THE LOW LEVEL FLOW TURNS CLOCKWISE AROUND 
THE RIDGE. LOW CLOUD COVER IS SCATTERED ACROSS MOST OF THE AREA WITH 
SMALL PATCHES OF BROKEN CLOUD COVER.

THE WATER VAPOR CHANNEL SHOWS ZONAL FLOW ALOFT WITH THE POLAR AND 
SUBTROPICAL JET MOVING WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC. THE 
POLAR JET IS CREATING A MASS OF LAYERED MID AND UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS 
COVERING THE AREA BETWEEN 33N AND 40N. 

FOR THE ISLANDS...SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR OVER THE ENTIRE STATE THIS 
MORNING EXCEPT PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES OVER WINDWARD KAUAI...THE KOOLAU 
MTS...EXTREME EASTERN MOLOKAI...AND WINDWARD AREAS OF MAUI. 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER THE WINDWARD WATERS LIGHT ARE MOVING ALONG 
WITH THE LIGHT SSE FLOW. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER THE LEEWARD 
WATERS ARE MOVING WEST.  

FAR SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WITHIN 
THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE BETWEEN 7N TO 11N BETWEEN 140W 
AND THE DATELINE. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.