Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:28:00 -0500

026 
FZPN01 KWBC 232227
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 23 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 24 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 46N140W 970 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING 
NEXT 12 HOURS THEN SLOWING AND TURNING MORE NW AND AFTER 24 
HOURS TURNING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 240 NM SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S 
AND 240 NM W QUADRANTS AND 180 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N136W 963 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 55 TO 70 KT. SEAS 24 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N 
TO 47N BETWEEN 131W AND 141W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N133W 960 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 23 TO 38 FT...HIGHEST S OF 
LOW. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM W AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS AND FROM 
42N TO 53N E OF 133W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N127W 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 36 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N127W. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W QUADRANT AND FROM 44N TO 50N E OF 135W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT...HIGHEST S OF THE LOW 
CENTER. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N130W 988 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
46N125W TO 41N127W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 
240 NM NE QUADRANTS AND OVER WATERS E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 44N128W.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
47N136W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N169W 977 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 39N BETWEEN 169W AND 178E...WITHIN 960 NM S 
QUADRANT AND FROM 56N TO 60N BETWEEN 159W AND 167W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT EXCEPT IN BERING SEA E OF 170W 10 FT OR 
LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N159W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE EXCEPT WHERE 
PREVIOUSLY NOTED WITHIN 480 NM SE...660 NM S AND 540 NM SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH NEW LOW FORMING NEAR 
61N151W 993 MB. EXCEPT WHERE PREVIOUSLY NOTED BETWEEN 240 NM AND 
660 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N178E 1004 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N QUADRANT 
AND OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 33N AND W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N176W TO 
39N171E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N175W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF A 
LINE FROM 37N157W TO 33N160E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA. FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 170W 
AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF A 
LINE FROM 36N160W TO 30N173E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N140W 992 MB MOVING NW 15 KT AND WEAKENING. WITHIN 120 NM 
NE AND 180 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 50N148W 982 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED WITH LOW 
46N140W ABOVE...WITHIN 180 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 600 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N143W 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 
51N133W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 43N TO 49N BETWEEN 160E AND 172E AREA OF W TO NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N170W 1009 MB. FROM 39N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 179W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N162W 1007 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 240 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N153W 1005 MB. FROM 44N TO 47N BETWEEN 
150W AND 157W WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 42N TO 47N BETWEEN 148W AND 160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N163E 995 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
43N TO 49N W OF 169E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 50N W OF 173E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N173W 994 MB. FROM 44N TO 49N BETWEEN 
167W AND 179E AND WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SE...540 NM S AND 
SW...150 NM N AND NE AND 240 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 39N TO 46N W OF 164E 
AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 50N160E TO 44N170E TO 30N163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 32N172W 1007 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 35N152W 
TO LOW CENTER. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS INCLUDED WITH 
LOW 30N175W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N167W 988 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
WITH LOW 55N159W IN WARNINGS SECTION...WITHIN 540 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT EXCEPT IN BERING 
SEA E OF 170W 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N167W 995 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM 
NW AND W QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 125W AREA OF N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT WITH NW SWELL.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 40N139W TO 36N145W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 
129W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N166E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N180W 1027 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 35N135W 1028 MB.

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 09N TO 18N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY A 
REGION FROM 07N140W TO 20N140W TO 30N125W TO 30N119W TO 20N110W 
TO 05N110W TO 07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
BOUNDED BY A REGION FROM 07N140W TO 20N140W TO 20N120W TO 
26N118W TO 20N110W TO 05N110W TO 07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.S OF 12N E OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N89W 1010 MB. FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 
86W AND 92W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N E 
OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N88W 1009 MB. FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 
85W AND 92W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N E OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.6 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N WITHIN 180 NM OF COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N WITHIN 180 NM OF COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT PRIMARILY DURING EVENING HOURS. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N WITHIN 180 NM OF COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
23N E OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 
27N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT OCT 23...

.LOW PRES 10N130W EMBEDDED WITHIN A TROUGH EXTENDING FROM 
12N124W TO 08N137W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW 
CENTER. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF 
TROUGH AXIS W OF 133W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 08N82W TO 
07N88W TO 10N102W TO 08N116W TO 09N124W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
10N130W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS E OF 
88W. 

$$
.FORECASTER LANDSEA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.