Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:45:07 -0500

370 
FZPN40 PHFO 232245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 28N166E TO 27N160E MOVING SE 20 KT. 
NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF THE FRONT. SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 210 
NM S OF FRONT. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM S OF 
THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 24N170E TO 24N160E.  NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF THE FRONT. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM 
S OF FRONT E OF 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 23N180W TO 21N168E TO 
25N160E. NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF THE FRONT E OF 168E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.HIGH 24N140W 1022MB MOVING W 10 KT.  RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 25N160W 
TO 21N180W TO 16N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 27N144W 1024MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 160W BETWEEN 10N AND 20N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LITTLE CHANGE.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 27N170E TO 28N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N163W TO 26N180W TO 
27N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 
24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 
25N180W TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 160W BETWEEN 10N AND 20N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 
23N173E TO 25N165E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N165W TO 20N172E TO 20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 170W BETWEEN 10N 
AND 20N.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 09N AND 07N W OF 163E...ALSO FROM 
21N TO 13N BETWEEN 175W AND 168E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N170W TO 06N178E TO 13N162E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 180 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.