Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 21:59:34 -0500

183 
ATPQ40 PGUM 240259
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SUN OCT 24 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W IS CENTERED WELL WEST OF THE MARIANAS NEAR 
15N133E. TD 16W IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 6 MPH WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED 
WINDS OF 35 MPH. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND BETWEEN 9N AND 19N FROM 130E TO 139E. FOR 
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION...REFER TO NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUBLIC 
ADVISORIES ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ32 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS 
ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN32 PGTW.

A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION...FORMER TROPICAL DEPRESSION 17W...IS 
CENTERED JUST SOUTHEAST OF MINAMI TORI SHIMA AT 22N155E. THE 
CIRCULATION IS BEING ABSORBED INTO A STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDING TO 
THE EAST-NORTHEAST TO BEYOND 25N161E...AND TO THE WEST-NORTHWEST 
BEYOND 25N145E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND WITHIN 100 MILES OF THE 
CENTER OF CIRCULATION AND THE STATIONARY FRONT.

UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE WEST OF AN UPPER-LOW NORTHEAST OF THE 
MARIANAS AT 15N148E IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER SAIPAN AND 
THE CNMI WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 15N144E TO 14N148E TO 
18N149E TO 20N145E BACK TO 15N144E. 

LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE EAST OF YAP AND KOROR IS PRODUCING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 3N AND 10N FROM 139E TO 
147E. 

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 5N148E TO 9N152E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED WEST OF CHUUK WITHIN 80 MILES OF THE 
TROUGH AXIS.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN KWAJALEIN AND WAKE ISLAND...AND EAST OF 
MAJURO...EAST OF A LINE FROM 2N178E TO 8N174E TO 9N165E TO 15N165E 
TO 19N175E.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.