Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:36:22 -0500

837 
FZPN01 KWBC 240336
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 47N136W 969 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ALSO FROM 41N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 126W AND 149W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM NE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 780 
NM SE AND 840 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 
FT. 
 .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N132W 972 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 480 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 36 FT...HIGHEST IN 
S QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W...720 NM S AND SE AND 180 
NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N131W 993 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND 480 NM 
S AND SE QUADRANTS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST IN S 
QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM W AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N161E 986 MB. FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 
160E AND 165E S TO SW WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ALSO 
W OF A LINE FROM 46N172E TO 38N168E TO 33N160E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N167W 982 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. WITHIN 180 NM E QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 300 NM AN 420 
NM N AND NE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N157W 989 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 50N TO 57N BETWEEN 144W 
AND 156W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N179W 1007 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 
160E AND 169W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N174W 1012 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF A 
LINE FROM 35N165W TO 334N178E TO 31N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA. WITHIN 480 NM W OF A LINE FROM 
34N167W TO 30N174W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 163W AND 173E WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 160E AND 176E AREA OF W TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N165W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N147W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N160E 997 MB. FROM 42N TO 49N BETWEEN 
160E AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N170E 993 MB. FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 
162E AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N168W 992 MB. FROM 44N TO 49N BETWEEN 
160W AND 176W AND WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 158W AND 
178W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
117W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 33N169W 1007 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
34N155W TO 36N144W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM S OF 
FRONT AND WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N160W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 660 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 58N141W 990 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N AND 180 NM 
E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 57N167W 991 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N171W 998 MB. FROM 52N TO 56N BETWEEN 
174W AND 179E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N161W 995 MB. BETWEEN 12M AND 240 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 34N TO 39N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 37N BETWEEN 122W AND 
126W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 160E AND 170E.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N170E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N179E 1028 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 39N156W 1020 MB
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N136W 1024 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N141W 1025 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N157W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 09N TO 20N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY A 
REGION FROM 07N140W TO 20N140W TO 30N125W TO 30N119W TO 20N110W 
TO 05N110W TO 07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
BOUNDED BY A REGION FROM 08N140W TO 20N140W TO 20N120W TO 
25N115W TO 20N110W TO 05N110W TO 08N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 

.S OF 13N E OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 86W AND 92W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N E OF 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 86W AND 92W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 10N E OF 115W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.N OF 23N WITHIN 180 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N WITHIN 180 NM OF COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT PRIMARILY DURING EVENING HOURS. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N116W TO 28N123W TO 30N130W. N OF 
25N E OF 125W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF THE FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN RAPIDLY BUILDING NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN OCT 24...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 07N80W TO 
09N107W TO 07N117W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM 
OF AXIS W OF 132W AND E OF 85W. 

$$
.FORECASTER LANDSEA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.