Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Depression 16w Advisory Number 11

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:42:42 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 240342
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W ADVISORY NUMBER 11
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP162010
200 PM CHST SUN OCT 24 2010

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W MAINTAINING SLOW WESTWARD PROGRESS...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 PM CHST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W WAS 
NEAR LATITUDE 15.5 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 132.7 DEGREES EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    580 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF KOROR PALAU
                 550 MILES NORTHWEST OF YAP
                 870 MILES WEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 820 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W CONTINUES TO MOVE WESTWARD BUT FORWARD SPEED 
HAS SLOWED TO 3 MPH. IT IS EXPECTED TO TURN TOWARD THE NORTHWEST 
WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN AT 35 MPH. TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W IS 
EXPECTED TO REMAIN NEAR THIS INTENSITY FOR THE NEXT 12 HOURS THEN 
BEGIN TO SLOWLY INTENSIFY...POSSIBLY BECOMING A TROPICAL STORM 
TONIGHT.

REPEATING THE 100 PM CHST POSITION...15.5 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
132.7 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING WESTWARD AT 3 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 35 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 800 PM CHST THIS EVENING.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.