Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:45:14 -0500

395 
FZPN40 PHFO 240445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 27N169E TO 25N160E MOVING SE 20 KT. 
NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF THE FRONT. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 
NM S OF FRONT E OF 168E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 
150 NM S OF THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 23N168E TO 24N160E. NE TO E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF THE FRONT. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM 
SE OF FRONT E OF 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 22N173E TO 24N160E. NE TO E  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF THE FRONT E OF 165E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.HIGH 25N143W 1022MB MOVING WNW 20 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 25N140W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 25N160W TO TO 21N180W TO 16N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 27N148W 1023MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 160W BETWEEN 
10N AND 20N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LITTLE CHANGE.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 27N170E TO 28N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 26N180W TO 
27N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 
25N175E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N153W TO 25N180W TO 21N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF 165W BETWEEN 10N 
AND 18N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 
22N174E TO 25N165E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N165W TO 19N171E TO 21N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 170W BETWEEN 10N 
AND 20N.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS W OF 176W BETWEEN 13N AND 21N.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N170W TO 07N179E TO 10N168E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 180 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.