Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 00:00:07 -0500

230 
ATHW40 PHFO 240500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC OCTOBER 24 2010

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ACROSS THE ISLAND 
CHAIN THIS EARLY EVENING.  OCCASIONAL BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS IS 
FAVORING WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  THE 
BIG ISLAND IS SEEING THE MOST CLOUDINESS...ESPECIALLY OVER THE 
MOUNTAIN SLOPES...AND COASTAL SECTIONS OF KAU AND SOUTH KONA.  LOW 
CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST NEAR 20 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND SLOWS TO 15 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

CLOUDS COLLAPSING OFF THE BIG ISLAND ARE GENERATING LOW CEILINGS 
IMMEDIATELY SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLE.  CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR
TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...THE AXIS OF A WEAK 
NORTHEAST-TO-SOUTHWEST ORIENTED TROUGH IS ABOUT 150 MILES SOUTHEAST 
OF THE BIG ISLAND AND IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST OR WEST-NORTHWEST 
NEAR 15 MPH.  A BAND OF HIGH CLOUDS IS STREAKING TOWARD THE 
NORTHEAST ON THE EAST AND SOUTHEAST FLANK OF THE FEATURE.  THE 
TROUGH IS ALSO HELPING TO IGNITE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FROM 12N TO 
15N BETWEEN 152W AND 158W.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS REMAIN UNORGANIZED FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII 
ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS 
LOCATED FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 129W AND 176E.  SOME CELLS ARE 
CLIMBING TO OVER 50 THOUSAND FEET AS OF BULLETIN TIME...MAINLY IN 
THE AREA FROM 06N TO 08N BETWEEN 172W AND 176W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.