Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 04:32:30 -0500

000 
FZPN01 KWBC 240932
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 49N133W 960 MB MOVING N 05 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO FROM 41N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 146W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 720 NM SW 
AND 840 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N132W 981 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 480 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 38 FT...HIGHEST IN 
S QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM NE...480 NM W AND 600 NM S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N131W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SW  SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N162E 997 MB. FROM 42N TO 49N BETWEEN 
160E AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N176W 993 MB. FROM 42N TO 49N BETWEEN 
169W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
41N TO 51N BETWEEN 165W AND 173E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N160W 994 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 
360 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 151W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 51N155W 974 MB. WITHIN 840 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM E AND 960 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N164W 983 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT  
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N155W 990 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 30N178W 1006 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 
160E AND 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N172W 1015 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
A LINE FROM 34N168W TO 33N180W TO 30N168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 168W 
AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 57N171W 986 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 300 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N169W 991 MB. FROM 53N TO 56N BETWEEN 
166W AND 175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N168W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
117W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 33N169W 1007 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
34N154W TO 35N150W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM S OF 
FRONT AND WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N154W 1018 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N140W 1020 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 160E AND 178W AREA OF W TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N160W 1014 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 
300 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N144W 1014 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 61N164W 995 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 300 
NM W QUADRANT N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 160E AND 177E. 

.HIGH 38N160E 1024 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N172E 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N172W 1029 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 39N146W 1022 MB 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N132W 1025 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N152W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 
118W AND 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY A REGION 
FROM 07N140W TO 20N140W TO 30N125W TO 30N119W TO 20N110W TO 
05N110W TO 07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY A REGION FROM 08N140W TO 20N140W TO 20N120W 
TO 25N115W TO 20N110W TO 05N110W TO 08N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 

.S OF 14N E OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 79W AND 90W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N E OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 80W AND 92W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 10N E OF 115W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.N OF 24N WITHIN 180 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N WITHIN 180 NM OF COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT PRIMARILY DURING EVENING HOURS. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 29N114W TO 26N120W TO 28N130W. N OF 
26N E OF 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF THE FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN RAPIDLY BUILDING NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0830 UTC SUN OCT 24...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 10N84W TO 
10N98W TO 13N104W TO 08N118W TO 10N132W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 240 NM S OF AXIS E TO 90W 
AND WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS W OF 132W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.