Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 05:53:57 -0500

382 
FZPN40 PHFO 241053
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 24N160E MOVING SE 10 KT.  WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT N OF THE FRONT.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
24N168E TO 29N173W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE 
FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 22N168E TO 24N160E.  WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT N OF THE FRONT E OF 175W.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF THE 
FRONT W OF 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 27N180E TO 22N178E TO 
20N168E TO 24N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF LINE FROM 24N171E TO 
27N180W TO 30N177W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.HIGH 25N143W 1022MB MOVING NW 15 KT.  RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 26N157W 
TO 18N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N148W 1025MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 18N BOUNDED 
BY 150W AND 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 18N E OF 160W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 27N180E TO 30N170W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 30N140W.  SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 08N AND 18N E OF 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 
23N175W TO 30N170W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
18N160E TO 22N180E TO 30N160W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 08N AND 20N 
E OF 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N170E TO 
22N178E TO 30N172W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
16N160E TO 16N180W TO 30N167W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
24N160W TO 18N170W TO 08N170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 16N169E 17N178E 
09N176E 09N164E 16N169E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N175W.  ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF THE ITCZ W OF 150W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.