Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 07:00:05 -0500

764 
ATHW40 PHFO 241200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 24 2010

SKIES ARE NEARLY CLEAR ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS EARLY MORNING.  
THE ONLY AREAS WHERE LOW CEILINGS APPEAR TO BE OCCURRING FROM TIME 
TO TIME ARE THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND 
COASTAL AND LOWER UPSLOPE SECTIONS IN NORTH AND SOUTH KONA ON THE 
BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH 
ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE...WITH SPEEDS DECREASING MOVING FROM EAST TO 
WEST UP THE CHAIN.

SMALL PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS... 
EXIST NORTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
ARE HEADING WEST WITH THE PREVAILING TRADE FLOW.  PLUME CLOUDS ARE 
PRODUCING OCCASIONAL LOW CEILINGS WEST OF THE ISLE.  CONDITIONS 
ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED.

ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A WEAK LOW...CENTERED NEAR 17.5N 
156.5W AS OF BULLETIN TIME...HAS BEEN PUSHING WEST NEAR 15 MPH OVER 
THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  THE SYSTEM...ABOUT 270 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST 
OF HONOLULU...HAS BEEN INDUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FROM 11.5N TO 
14.5N BETWEEN 154W AND 159W.  A SMALL CLUSTER OF SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS IS ALSO EVIDENT NEAR 16.5N 161.5W...OR 415 MILES 
SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.  ADDITIONALLY...SWATHS OF HIGH CLOUDS HAVE 
BEEN STREAKING NORTH AND NORTHEAST IN THE AREA TO THE EAST 
CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTH OF THE LOW.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII 
ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE.  THE CONVECTION IS FOUND 
IN TWO AREAS.  THE FIRST STRETCHES FROM 06.5N TO 10N BETWEEN 128W 
AND 148W...AND THE OTHER FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 153W AND 177E.  A 
FEW CELLS ARE TOWERING ABOVE 50 THOUSAND FEET...LOCATED FROM 06.5N 
TO 09N BETWEEN 176W AND 179E AS OF THIS WRITING.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.