Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:55:18 -0500

408 
ATPQ40 PGUM 241455
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST MON OCT 25 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TROPICAL STORM CHABA (16W) IS CENTERED WELL WEST OF THE MARIANAS 
NEAR 16N132E. CHABA IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 6 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 40 MPH. SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FOUND BETWEEN 12N AND 18N WEST OF 134E. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION 
REFER TO NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUBLIC ADVISORIES ISSUED UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTPQ32 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN32 
PGTW.

A SURFACE TROUGH CURVES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 4N146E TO 11N154E TO END 
AT 16N156E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND 
WEST OF CHUUK IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 12N148E TO 6N144E TO 
3N147E TO 5N151E TO 11N151E BACK TO 12N148E. 

A STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD FROM NORTHWEST OF THE 
MARIANAS AT 25N141E TO 21N151E...THEN CURVES NORTHEASTWARD TO NORTH 
OF WAKE ISLAND AT 22N166E TO BEYOND 25N168E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
FOUND WITHIN 70 MILES OF 23N146E AND 21N154E AND NORTH OF A LINE 
FROM 21N166E TO 21N173E TO 25N178E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS EAST OF A LINE FROM 7N165E TO 15N169E. KWAJALEIN AND 
MAJURO LIE ON THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THIS AREA.

$$

M. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.