Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Chaba (16w) Advisory Number 13

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:14:02 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 241513
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM CHABA (16W) ADVISORY NUMBER 13
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP162010
200 AM CHST MON OCT 25 2010

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W UPGRADED TO TROPICAL STORM...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 AM CHST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF NEWLY NAMED TROPICAL STORM 
CHABA WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 15.9 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 
131.9 DEGREES EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    610 MILES NORTHWEST OF YAP
                 615 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF KOROR PALAU
                 875 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF GUAM AND
                 920 MILES WEST OF SAIPAN.

TROPICAL STORM CHABA IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 5 MPH. A TURN 
TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AND A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED ARE 
STILL EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO 40 MPH. TROPICAL STORM 
CHABA IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE GRADUALLY INTENSIFYING DURING THE NEXT 
24 HOURS.

REPEATING THE 100 AM POSITION...15.9 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
131.9 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 5 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 40 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE LATER THIS MORNING AT 800 AM.

$$

MCELROY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.