Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:39:20 -0500

553 
FZPN01 KWBC 241539
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N131W 958 MB DRIFTING NE. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 25 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N 
TO 50N BETWEEN 127W AND 145W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 
FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 56N BETWEEN 125W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N130W 964 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 25 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
41N TO 51N BETWEEN 124W AND 150W...AND E OF 150W WITHIN 720 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N130W 1000 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N162E 996 MB MOVING E 40 KT. FROM 42N TO 50N W OF 167E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N176W 998 MB. FROM 42N TO 49N BETWEEN 
167W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N154W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 147W AND 171W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 45N W OF 164E S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N163E 987 MB. FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 
168E AND 161E WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N173E 987 MB. FROM 44N TO 52N BETWEEN 
180W AND 174E WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE W 
OF A LINE FROM 31N160E TO 48N173W TO 55N177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 32N170W 1006 MB MOVING NE 25 
KT. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 161W AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 34N158W 1018 
MB. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 167W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 35N149W WITH 
CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW NEAR 26N180W DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 122W NW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA NEAR 26N180W 1010 MB. FROM 30N 
TO 36N BETWEEN 170W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 55N165W 988 MB MOVING NW 10 
KT. WITHIN 660 NM N OF A LINE FROM 40N150W TO 45N175W TO 55N170E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 58N171W 991 MB. N OF 53N BETWEEN 
165W AND 176E...AND FROM 43N TO 55N BETWEEN 150W AND 167W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N163W 995 MB. N OF 56N BETWEEN 158W AND 
172W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 34N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 134W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 47N W OF 167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 51N W OF 178W. 

.HIGH 37N160E 1023 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N173E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N171W 1030 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N126W 1026 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N130W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE IN REGION BOUNDED 
BY 24N112W TO 07N110W TO 07N140W TO 19N140W BACK TO 24N112W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 131W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 

.FROM 05N TO 12N E OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 85W SW WINDS 20
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 80W AND 94W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N114W TO 27N122W TO 28N129W. N OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
27N W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 28N114W TO 23N122W TO 23N130W. N OF 
FRONT E OF 126W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N. N OF 23N W OF 126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN OCT 24...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 08N92W TO 
10N102W TO 08N118W TO 10N133W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W OF 128W. 

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.