Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 11:45:10 -0500

387 
FZPN40 PHFO 241645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 28N176E 1008MB MOVING ESE 10 KT.  FRONT FROM 30N178W THROUGH 
THE LOW TO 24N166E TO 24N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF THE FRONT AND 
LOW E OF 165E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF THE FRONT W OF 165E AND 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N167E TO 28N170W.  ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM OF THE LOW AND WITHIN 150 NM S OF THE FRONT E OF 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N180E 1011MB.  FRONT FROM 30N176W THROUGH 
THE LOW TO 23N175E TO 22N166E TO 24N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 
THE FRONT AND LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N180W 1012MB.  FRONT FROM 30N176W THROUGH 
LOW TO 21N176E TO 21N165E TO 23N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 180W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.HIGH 25N143W 1023MB MOVING NW 15 KT.  RIDGE FROM THE HIGH TO 
26N160W TO 17N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N148W 1025MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 18N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 27N180E TO 30N170W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 30N140W.  SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 08N AND 18N E OF 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 
23N175W TO 30N170W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
18N160E TO 22N180E TO 30N160W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 08N AND 20N 
E OF 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N170E TO 
22N178E TO 30N172W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
16N160E TO 16N180W TO 30N167W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
24N160W TO 18N170W TO 08N170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 06N AND 13N BOUNDED BY 167E AND 
177E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N177E.  ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.