Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:45:27 -0500

832 
FZPN01 KWBC 242145
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N132W 960 MB MOVING E 05 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 38N TO 55N BETWEEN 124W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N129W 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 28 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
42N TO 51N BETWEEN 124W AND 145W...AND WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N125W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N166E 997 MB MOVING E 40 KT. FROM 42N TO 50N W OF 172E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N170W 996 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ALSO 
FROM 51N TO 56N BETWEEN 162W AND 175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N150W 997 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 39N TO 52N BETWEEN 143W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 46N157E 998 MB. W OF A LINE 
FROM 34N160E TO 45N171E TO 51N167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 
FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N167E 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 49N170E TO 41N164E WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N165E 974 MB. W OF A LINE FROM 31N160E 
TO 48N167W TO 59N180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 161W AND 173E NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 163W AND 175E NE WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 171W AND 175E NE WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 56N163W 990 MB MOVING N 10 
KT. WITHIN 600 NM N OF A LINE FROM 42N150W TO 46N175W TO 56N172E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 58N163W 992 MB. FROM 41N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 162W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 420 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND OVER ALASKA 61N160W 1001 MB. WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 34N TO 39N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 131W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 49N W OF 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 53N W OF 173W. 

.HIGH 36N164E 1023 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N175E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N168W 1031 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N147W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N154W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N162W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N134W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N WITHIN 180 NM W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
PENINSULA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 28N WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 125W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 22N W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 
20N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 12N E OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 95W SW WINDS 20
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 80W AND 95W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN OCT 24...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N85W TO 08N90W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 11.5N112W TO 
09N121W AND WITHIN 75 NM OF 08N132W AND 08N138W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.