Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:45:09 -0500

874 
FZPN40 PHFO 242245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN OCT 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 28N175E 1009 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N176W AND 
FROM LOW TO THROUGH 25N170E TO 23N160E. FRONTS NEARLY STATIONARY.
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT WITHIN 180 NM N OF THE FRONT AND LOW E OF 170E. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 25N180E TO 
30N169W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE LOW AND WITHIN 150 NM S 
OF THE FRONT E OF 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N177W 1009 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N172W 
AND FROM LOW TO 24N180W TO 22N170E TO 24N160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N 
OF FRONT AND LOW E OF 177E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF FRONT 
AND LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N179E 1008 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N176W 
AND FROM LOW TO 20S180E TO 20S160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT AND 
LOW E OF 173E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN AREA N OF 24N 
BETWEEN 172E AND 174W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.HIGH 27N145W 1025 MB MOVING NW SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM THE HIGH TO 
26N160W TO 22N180E TO 17N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N147W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 20N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N 
E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 24N173E TO 22N160E.  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 26N170W TO 
22N175E TO 20N160E. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 08N AND 18N E OF 
170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N175W TO 
22N180W TO 22N165W TO 26N165W TO 30N172W TO 30N175W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 180N180E TO 18N160E. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT BETWEEN 08N AND 22N E OF 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N178W TO 
20N178E TO 20N165E TO 25N165E TO 30N172E TO 30N178W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 15N180W TO 15N160E. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT BETWEEN 08N AND 22N E OF 172W.

SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 21N179W. 

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N170W TO 09N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 175W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.