Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:37:16 -0500

275 
FZPN01 KWBC 250337
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON OCT 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N133W 968 MB MOVING E 05 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM NE AND 600 NM SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N129W 992 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S AND 660 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. FROM 42N TO 53N E OF 
135W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT IN NW SWELL. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N171E 992 MB MOVING E 40 KT. FROM 42N TO 50N W OF 177E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N165W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N146W 998 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 49N156E 988 MB. W OF A LINE 
FROM 36N160E TO 48N172E SW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 31N160E TO 43N174E TO 52N175E WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N166E 964 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
SE AND 600 NM NE QUADRANTS AND 480 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 53N172W 
TO 48N172E TO 39N160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 48N163W TO 60N176W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 169W AND 179W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF A LINE FROM 
36N158W TO 34N177W TO 33N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 168W AND 178E NE WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 171W AND 177E E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 56N162W 991 MB MOVING N 10 
KT. WITHIN 660 NM N OF A LINE FROM 42N144W TO 43N160W TO 46N175E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 59N162W 994 MB. FROM 50N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 146W AND 160W AND FROM 50N TO 56N BETWEEN 166W AND 179W 
AND N OF 61N W OF 169W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND OVER ALASKA 60N158W 1002 MB. WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 34N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 122W AND 126W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 50N W OF 174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 165E AND 
169W. 

.HIGH 36N167E 1026 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N179W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N165W 1032 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N149W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N157W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N129W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 27.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N WITHIN 180 NM W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
PENINSULA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 27N WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 125W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
16 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 22N W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 
20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 12N E OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 80W AND 95W SW WINDS 20
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 80W AND 98W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON OCT 25...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N85W TO 07N94W TO 
10N112W TO 08N120W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM 
OF LINE 11N112W TO 09N121W AND WITHIN 75 NM OF 09N139W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.