Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:57:10 -0500

471 
ATPQ40 PGUM 250357
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON OCT 25 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TROPICAL STORM CHABA (16W) IS CENTERED WELL WEST OF THE MARIANAS 
NEAR 17N131E. CHABA IS MOVING NORTHWEST AT 7 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 50 MPH. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NEAR THE STORM CENTER BETWEEN 14N AND 18N 
FROM 130E TO 132E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
SEEN FARTHER SOUTH WITHIN 40 MILES OF A LINE FROM 15N132E TO 
13N130E...AND ALSO SOUTHEAST WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 17N135E 
TO 11N134E. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON TROPICAL STORM CHABA... 
REFER TO NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUBLIC ADVISORIES ISSUED UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTPQ32 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN32 
PGTW.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 5N142E TO NORTH OF CHUUK 
AT 12N153E...THEN TURNS NORTHWARD TO A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED 
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 22N154E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE TROUGH FROM SOUTH 
OF YAP TO SOUTHEAST OF GUAM WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N139E 
TO 13N150E. SIMILAR WEATHER IS ALSO PRESENT NEAR THE WEAK 
CIRCULATION WITHIN 110 MILES OF 21N154E.

A STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM THE AFOREMENTIONED 
CIRCULATION TO BEYOND 25N AT 175E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING 
ALONG THIS FEATURE NORTH OF WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 22N156E TO 22N171E TO 26N180. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE EVIDENT SOUTHEAST OF THE FRONT OR EAST OF A LINE 
FROM 19N175E TO 25N180.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM JUST SOUTH AND EAST OF MAJURO TO THE DATE LINE 
WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N171E TO 7N175E TO 8N180...AND ALSO 
NORTHEAST OF KWAJALEIN WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 10N168E TO 
12N172E TO 11N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.