Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:54:10 -0500

172 
ATHW40 PHFO 250554
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON OCT 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 25 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW SOUTHWEST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS AFTERNOON. THIS UPPER LEVEL LOW IS BRINGING 
HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE SOUTH. THESE 
HIGH CLOUDS EXTEND TO THE SOUTH INTO THE ITCZ. THUNDERSTORMS IN THE 
ITCZ THIS EVENING ARE CONCENTRATED IN TWO AREAS. THE EASTERN AREA OF 
THUNDERSTORMS IS ALONG A LINE FROM 8N 145W TO 7N 154W. THE OTHER 
MAIN AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE ITCZ IS IN AN AREA BETWEEN 6N AND 
10N FROM 164W TO 174W. CLOUDS TOPS IN BOTH AREAS ARE NEAR 52000 FEET.

THE HIGH CLOUDS STREAMING OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS 
AFTERNOON ARE OBSCURING MOST OF THE ISLANDS FROM OAHU TO THE BIG 
ISLAND ISLAND...MAKING IT DIFFICULT ON SATELLITE TO DETERMINE THE 
EXTENT OF LOW CLOUD COVERAGE. THROUGH HOLES IN THE HIGH 
CLOUDS...SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS APPEAR OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. 

THE HIGH CLOUDS HAVE NOT YET REACHED KAUAI COUNTY AT 7PM. LOW CLOUDS 
ARE BUILDING OVER THE EAST SIDE OF KAUAI...WITH OTHER LOW CLOUDS 
PASSING OVER NIIHAU. 

LAYERED CLOUDS ARE ABOUT 1200 MILES NORTHWEST OF HONOLULU THIS 
EVENING...ASSOCIATED A FRONT. THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN NOTED ALONG 
THE FRONT WITH CLOUD TOPS REACHING NEAR 47000 FEET AT 7 PM.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.