Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 04:32:08 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 250930
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/250930Z-260600ZOCT2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/250751ZOCT2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 250600Z, TROPICAL STORM 16W (CHABA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
17.4N 130.4E, APPROXIMATELY 555 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF KADENA AB,
OKINAWA, JAPAN, AND HAD TRACKED NORTHWEST-WARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55
KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN32 PGTW 250900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 22.5N 153.4E,
APPROXIMATELY 615 NM NORTHEAST OF SAIPAN. THIS AREA IS THE REMNANT OF
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 17W. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS A FULLY
EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER NORTH OF A SHALLOW CONVECTION
THAT HAS WEAKENED OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS
INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS SOUTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS TO THE
NORTH IN A ZONE OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. A TROPICAL UPPER
TROPOSPHERIC TROUGH (TUTT) CELL TO THE NORTHWEST HAS MOMENTARILY
PROVIDED POLEWARD OUTFLOW BUT AS THE TUTT MOVED FURTHER WEST THE
OUTFLOW HAS SINCE WANED. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.