Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 04:33:47 -0500

516 
FZPN01 KWBC 250933
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON OCT 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N131W 978 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 480 NM S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 39 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 
NM NE AND 600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM S QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N129W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND 420 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM W AND 660 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. FROM 40N TO 52N E OF 
131W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N176E 992 MB MOVING E 40 KT. FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 169E 
AND 176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N160W 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SE 
AND 540 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT. .36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N150W 1001 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 
360 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N140W 1001 MB. FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 
145W AND 151W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ALSO BETWEEN 
60 NM AND 240 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 51N BETWEEN 132W AND 155W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST W OF A LINE FROM 35N160E TO 45N169E TO 52N165E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 51N158E 981 MB. WITHIN 300 
NM E OF A LINE FROM 54N171E TO 48N168E TO 42N162E WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 31N160E TO 
48N180W TO 56N175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 59N171E 956 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 53N173W TO 48N176E TO 37N160E. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 480 NM 
NE QUADRANTS AND 240 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM SE OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF A LINE FROM 35N170W TO 30N170E NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 170W AND 177E AREA OF 
E NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 173W AND 177E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 57N165W 992 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 42N145W TO 45N160W TO 45N173W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 60N161W 996 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND 
480 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N150W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.LOW 36N154W 1016 MB MOVING E 25 KT. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
151W AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N142W 1020 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N135W 1014 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 240 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 52N W OF 177E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 59N BETWEEN 166W AND 
172E. 

.HIGH 36N171E 1026 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N175W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N162W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 30N146W 1025 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N148W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND 43N121W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 27.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 29N E OF 120W TO THE W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. N OF 29N W OF 138W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 150 NM OF MEXICAN COAST FROM 
18N TO 21N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 123W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 26N WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 120 NM OF MEXICAN COAST 
FROM 17N TO 20N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27.5N E OF 124W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 15 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N FROM 113W 
TO 130W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 123W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 10.5N114W 1010 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM 
NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
06N TO 18N BETWEEN 110W AND 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10.5N116W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 
15N W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N118W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 90W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. N OF 02N E OF 86W SW WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 09N BETWEEN 78W AND 97W SW WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 80W AND 99W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON OCT 25...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 09N82W TO 
08N95W TO 13N107W TO LOW PRES 10.5N114W 1010 MB TO 09N122W TO 
LOW PRES 09N133W 1012 MB TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 180 NM S OF AXIS E OF 97W...AND 
WITHIN 150 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN LOW AT 10.5N114W AND 122W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.