Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 05:51:36 -0500

189 
FZPN40 PHFO 251051
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON OCT 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 26N179E 1010MB MOVING ENE SLOWLY.  FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N175W 
AND FROM LOW TO 22N171E TO 24N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 180 NM 
NW SEMICIRCLE OF LOW.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF FRONTS.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 19N180E TO 
23N180W TO 29N175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N178W 1010MB.  FRONT FROM 30N175W TO LOW TO 
21N179E TO 20N164E TO 22N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 180 NM NW 
AND N QUADRANTS.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
24N176E TO 28N173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND OPENED TO A TROUGH FROM 23N178E 
TO 30N179E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 175W AND 178W N OF 26N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.HIGH 29N151W 1025MB MOVING N SLOWLY.  RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 29N140W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 18N168E TO 21N165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 18N BOUNDED BY 
145W AND 170W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 22N170E TO 25N180W TO 
30N171W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 22N180W TO 
30N160W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 22N150W TO 17N176W TO 
08N170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N170E TO 
21N177E TO 30N173W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
18N160E TO 16N180E TO 30N166W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
25N161W TO 08N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 
09N180W TO 07N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 07N160W TO 11N178W TO 08N170E TO 09N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.