Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 07:42:06 -0500

843 
ATHW40 PHFO 251242
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON OCT 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 25 2010

THE UPPER LEVEL LOW NOTED ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS ABOUT 225 MILES 
WEST OF HONOLULU AT 2 AM. THE LOW HAS BEEN MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST 
AROUND 25 MPH OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS. THIS UPPER LEVEL LOW 
CONTINUES TO BRING HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE 
HIGH CLOUDS ARE THICKEST FROM OAHU TO THE BIG ISLAND...BUT A FAIR 
AMOUNT OF HIGH CLOUDS ARE PASSING OVER KAUAI COUNTY AT 2 AM.

THE HIGH CLOUDS ARE OBSCURING MOST OF THE LOWER CLOUDS OVER THE 
ISLANDS OVERNIGHT. TO THE EAST OF THE ISLANDS...AND EAST OF THE HIGH 
CLOUDS...SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN MOVING IN FROM THE EAST 
BETWEEN 20 AND 25 MPH.

THE HIGH CLOUDS EXTEND TO THE SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS...WHERE THEY 
MERGE WITH LAYERED CLOUDS IN THE ITCZ. TWO AREAS OF THUNDERSTORMS 
REMAIN IN THE ITCZ AT 2 AM...WITH THE EASTERN AREA STRENGTHENING AND 
THE WEST AREA WEAKENING OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS. THE EASTERN AREA 
LIES ALONG A LINE FROM 7.8N 142.2W TO 7.5N 153.1W WITH TOPS NEAR 
55000 FEET. THE WESTERN AREA IS ALONG A LINE FROM 7.5N 164.4W TO 
9.9N 173.1W WITH TOPS NEAR 52000 FEET.

LAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONT NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS ARE ABOUT 940 MILES NORTHWEST OF HONOLULU AT 2 AM. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.