Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:32:48 -0500

775 
FZPN01 KWBC 251532
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON OCT 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N129W 981 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 25 TO 43 FT. WITHIN 600 NM W QUADRANT 
AND FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 124W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ALSO FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 150W AND 168W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N126W 1002 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 45N135W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N177W 994 MB MOVING E 40 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 173E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N154W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ALSO 
FROM 50N TO 54N BETWEEN 157W AND 169W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N150W 1002 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N135W 996 MB. FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 
130W AND 133W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 34N TO 52N BETWEEN 127W AND 151W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 
TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 47N151W 991 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 35N TO 50N W 
OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 50N156E 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
AND SE OF A LINE FROM 49N164E TO 43N160E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N164E 971 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW TO 52N178E TO 42N160E. N OF 51N WITHIN 180 NM NE OF 
FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 51N 
WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...S OF 51N WITHIN 360 NM E AND 
SE OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 420 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 59N173E 952 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 61N177W TO 55N174W TO 47N177E TO 34N160E. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
AND S QUADRANTS...AND N OF 58N WITHIN 180 NM NE OF FRONT WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 158W AND THE FRONT 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO N OF A LINE FROM 
45N156W TO 40N176E TO 31N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 162W AND 176E NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 31N175W 1012 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N177E 1015 MB. FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 
173W AND 177E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 57N166W 992 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
FROM 54N TO 57N BETWEEN 163W AND 176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 59N160W 996 MB. FROM 54N TO 62N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 169W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N150W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.LOW 44N156W 1017 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 36N153W 1018 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N144W 1016 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N135W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 48N W 
OF 166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 54N W OF 178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 162W AND 
174E. 

.HIGH 37N141W 1022 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N135W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED INLAND. 

.HIGH 30N148W 1026 MB MOVING W 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N157W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 39N168W 1025 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N167W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 39N161W DESCRIBED BELOW.

.HIGH 36N173E 1026 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N173W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N161W 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 27.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 26N E OF 122W TO COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. N OF 27N W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 150 NM OF THE MEXICAN COAST 
FROM 16N TO 21N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 117W AND 123W NW TO N WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 23N W OF
114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N SWELL. 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE MEXICAN COAST FROM 17N TO 20N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W NW TO N WINDS
20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N BETWEEN
114W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY
IN N SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO
8 FT IN SUBSIDING NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 123W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT...HIGHEST W OF 137W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.LOW NEAR 11N115W 1010 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 15N BETWEEN 95W 
AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 10.5N116W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 10N118W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 82W AND 92W S TO SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS
TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL EXCEPT BETWEEN 88W AND 92W LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 09N BETWEEN 82W AND 95W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 85W AND 100W S TO SW
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1515 UTC MON OCT 25...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N85W TO 08N94W TO
10N104W 12N110W TO LOW NEAR 11N115W 1010 MB TO LOW NEAR 09N122W
1010 MB TO 10N130W TO LOW NEAR 10N134W PRES 10.5N114W 1010 MB TO 
09N122W TO LOW NEAR 10N134W 1009 MB TO 09N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 135W 
AND 138W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM S OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 
90W AND 92W...AND 90 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 113W AND 117W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.