Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:45:05 -0500

983 
FZPN40 PHFO 251645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON OCT 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 27N180E 1011MB NEARLY STATIONARY.  STATIONARY FRONT FROM LOW 
TO 30N176W.  COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 23N176E TO 21N169E CONTINUING 
AS A STATIONARY FRONT TO 23N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 300 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS OF LOW.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
ELSEWHERE N OF THE FRONTS.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 21N BETWEEN 
171W AND 179E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N179W 1011MB.  FRONT FROM 30N176W TO LOW TO 
21N175E TO 21N166E TO 23N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF THE FRONT E 
OF 170E...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 26N BETWEEN 173W AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WEAKENED TO A TROUGH FROM 25N177E TO 30N177E. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.HIGH 29N149W 1025MB MOVING N SLOWLY.  RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 29N140W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 19N175E TO 21N168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 18N BOUNDED BY 
145W AND 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 18N BOUNDED BY 
150W AND 170W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 22N170E TO 25N180W TO 
30N171W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 22N180W TO 
30N160W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 22N150W TO 17N176W TO 
08N170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N170E TO 
21N177E TO 30N173W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
18N160E TO 16N180E TO 30N166W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
25N161W TO 08N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 
09N180W TO 07N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N141W TO 07N160W TO 11N178W TO 08N170E TO 09N160E. 
SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 144W AND 
153W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.