Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:29:06 -0500

487 
ATHW40 PHFO 251829
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON OCT 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 25 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW OBSERVED ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY ABOUT 200 MILES 
SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI WAS MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST AT AROUND 15 MPH. 
COUNTERCLOCKWISE FLOW AROUND THE LOW WAS CARRYING HIGH CLOUDS UP 
OVER THE ISLANDS FROM THE SOUTH. THE ENTIRE ISLAND CHAIN AND 
SURROUNDING WATERS WERE OBSCURED BY THE CLOUDS. MOST OF THE CLOUDS 
WERE BETWEEN 20 TO 30 THOUSAND FEET...AND WERE WRAPPING AROUND THE 
LOW AT 30 TO 50 MPH.

JUST EAST OF THE ISLANDS WHERE THERE WERE BREAKS IN THE HIGH CLOUDS 
ONE SAW SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS MOVING TO THE WEST AT 20 TO 
25 MPH. FROM THE APPEARANCE OF THE CLOUDS...MANY HAD SHOWERS.

THE SOURCE OF THE HIGH CLOUDS WAS THE ITCZ LOCATED BETWEEN 07N AND 
10N. THUNDERSTORMS WERE SCATTERED TO BROKEN ALONG THE ENTIRE LENGTH 
OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 140W AND 180W. THE GREATEST CONCENTRATION OF 
THUNDERSTORMS WAS BETWEEN 143W AND 152W WHERE CLOUD TOPS WERE IN 
EXCESS OF 50 THOUSAND FEET.

FAR TO THE NORTHWEST...LAYERED CLOUDS AND EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS 
WERE OBSERVED NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTH OF A LOW CENTERED NEAR 
27N180W. THE BULK OF THE CLOUDS WERE NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 
30N170W TO 20N175W TO 17N180W. THUNDERSTORM TOPS WERE 45 TO 50 
THOUSAND FEET. THE LOW AND ALL OF THE CLOUDS WERE DRIFTING TO THE 
EAST. 

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.