Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:41:19 -0500

758 
FZPN01 KWBC 252141
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON OCT 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N128W 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 19 TO 31 FT. WITHIN 600 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO FROM 
46N TO 56N BETWEEN 143W AND 163W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 53N122W 1006 MB. FROM 43N TO 54N E 
OF 134W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 44N135W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N171W 999 MB MOVING E 35 KT. FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 163W 
AND 179E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N150W 999 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N135W 996 MB. FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 
141W AND 145W...AND WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 45N135W TO 
41N129W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N 
TO 49N BETWEEN 126W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 48N154W 984 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFYING. W OF A LINE FROM 34N160E TO 47N172E TO 52N166E 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 50N156E 983 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
AND SE OF A LINE FROM 49N165E TO 43N160E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N167E 958 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW TO 57N175E TO 53N179E TO 44N167E. N OF 54N WITHIN 180 
NM NE OF FRONT...S OF 49N WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 
240 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 48N W OF 170W...AND WITHIN 420 NM E AND S OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 60N178E 949 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 64N171W TO 56N166W TO 42N173E TO 33N160E. W OF A LINE FROM 
50N173E TO 56N174W TO 61N174W...AND N OF 58N WITHIN 120 NM NE OF 
FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 20 TO 34 FT...EXCEPT NE OF FRONT 
12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 46N155W TO 38N179E TO 
48N160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ALSO FROM 33N TO 
48N W OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 163W AND 178E NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 167W AND 176E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N174E 1013 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
175W AND 176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N E OF 126W N WINDS LESS THAN 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N164E 999 MB. FROM 32N TO 44N E OF 167E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 60N178E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 58N162W 993 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. FROM 52N TO 57N BETWEEN 
167W AND 178E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 58N159W 1001 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 44N152W 1016 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 37N150W 1020 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N140W 1020 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 44N135W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 50N W 
OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 173W AND 
162E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 420 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
55N166W TO 42N175E. 

.HIGH 37N137W 1026 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N131W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED INLAND. 

.HIGH 30N146W 1027 MB MOVING W 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N158W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 39N162W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 41N168W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

.HIGH 37N177E 1026 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N168W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N160W 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 27.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 24N E OF 126W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. N OF 27N W OF 
126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 117W AND 127W N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 16N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 21N W OF 126W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 16N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.TROUGH 07N123W TO 14N110W. WITHIN 180 NM SE OF TROUGH SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 240 NM NW OF TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 08N125W TO 14N117W. WITHIN 120 NM NW OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N121W 1012 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 82W AND 92W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 09N BETWEEN 78W AND 108W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 09N BETWEEN 82W AND 95W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 09N BETWEEN 85W AND 100W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON OCT 25...

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF 14N102W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 07N94W TO 
12N114W TO 08N124W TO 10N132W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM LINE 13N113W TO 10N120W AND LINE 
09N134W TO 08N140W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.