Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:37:24 -0500

198 
FZPN40 PHFO 252337 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2336 UTC MON OCT 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 28N179W 1010MB NEARLY STATIONARY.  STATIONARY FRONT FROM LOW 
TO 30N176W.  COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 23N178E TO 21N169E...THENCE A 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 24N160E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT.  WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT WITHIN 210 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS OF LOW.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
ELSEWHERE N OF FRONTS.  SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM SE 
OF LOW AND FRONTS N OF 23N.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 390 NM 
SE AND S OF FRONTS S OF 23N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N179E 1010MB.  STATIONARY FRONT FROM LOW TO 
30N179W.  COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 22N179W TO 18N176E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 173E AND 173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND FRONT WEAKENED TO A TROUGH FROM 30N175E TO 
23N174E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 270 NM E OF TROUGH.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.HIGH 30N147W 1028MB MOVING NW SLOWLY.  RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
29N140W...AND FROM HIGH TO 27N166E TO 22N178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF AREA.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 23N AND 09N E OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 24N AND 09N BETWEEN 167W 
AND 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 27N AND 10N BETWEEN 173W 
AND 155W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N150W TO 28N157W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N173E TO 30N174W TO 22N172E 
TO 26N163E TO 30N173E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 
16N160E.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 23N TO 09N E OF 167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N173E TO 
30N175W TO 22N179E TO 21N168E TO 30N173E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 30N169W TO 14N180E TO 18N160E.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
FROM 26N TO 08N E OF 169W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS MAINLY 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 
05N161W TO 11N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N155W TO 09N172W TO 08N160E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM OF ITCZ W OF 172W...AND 
WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ E OF 172W.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.