Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:32:48 -0500

285 
ATHW40 PHFO 260032
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 26 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW WE HAVE BEEN TRACKING FOR SEVERAL DAYS NOW WAS 
CENTERED ABOUT 250 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI AND MOVING TO THE 
NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH. COUNTERCLOCKWISE FLOW AROUND THE LOW CONTINUED 
TO BRING HIGH CLOUDS UP OVER THE ISLANDS FROM THE SOUTH. MOST OF THE 
CLOUDS WERE LOCATED BETWEEN 20 TO 30 THOUSAND FEET...AND WERE 
WRAPPING AROUND THE LOW AT 30 TO 50 MPH.

UPON CLOSE INSPECTION...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN 
THROUGH THIN SPOTS AND BREAKS IN THE HIGH CLOUDS. BECAUSE OF THE 
BRISK TRADES...THERE WAS LITTLE DIFFERENCE IN CLOUD COVER UPWIND AND 
DOWNWIND OF THE ISLANDS. THE LOW CLOUDS WERE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 
20 TO 25 MPH. TOPS WERE AT 6 TO 7 THOUSAND FEET. OTHER THAN THE HIGH 
CLOUDS...THE LOW ALOFT HAD NO EFFECT ON ISLAND WEATHER.

THE HIGH CLOUDS WERE BEING BLOWN OFF THE TOPS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN 
THUNDERSTORMS...CB...LOCATED ALONG THE ITCZ. THE ITCZ STRETCHED FROM 
140W TO 180W BETWEEN 07N AND 10N. THE GREATEST CONCENTRATION OF CB 
WAS BETWEEN 143W AND 152W...WHERE CB TOPS WERE NEAR 50 THOUSAND FEET.

FAR TO THE NORTHWEST...LAYERED CLOUDS AND EMBEDDED CB WERE OBSERVED 
NORTHEAST THROUGH EAST AND SOUTH OF A LOW CENTERED NEAR 28N179W. THE 
BULK OF THE CLOUDS WERE NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 20N175W 
TO 16N180W. CB TOPS WERE 45 TO 50 THOUSAND FEET. THE LOW AND AREA 
OF CLOUDS WERE NEARLY STATIONARY. 

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.