Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:40:52 -0500

443 
ATPQ40 PGUM 260240
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST TUE OCT 26 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TYPHOON CHABA (16W) IS CENTERED WELL WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE MARIANAS 
NEAR 19N129E. LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE SOUTH AND EAST OF THE TYPHOON IS 
GENERATING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WEST OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 
8N130E TO 13N134E TO 25N134E. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON TYPHOON 
CHABA...REFER TO JTWC BULLETINS ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN32 PGTW.

A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION...THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION 
17W...IS FOUND JUST WEST OF MINAMI TORI SHIMA AT 24N153E. A 
STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM THE CIRCULATION... 
PASSING BEYOND 25N153E...THEN DROPS BACK SOUTH OF 25N HEADING 
SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 25N159E TO NEAR WAKE ISLAND AT 20N167E...THEN 
CONTINUES EAST-NORTHEASTWARD BEYOND 23N180. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A 
FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE CIRCULATION 
CENTER AND WITHIN 80 MILES OF THE FRONT.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 6N135E TO 11N140E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NEAR YAP AND 
EAST OF KOROR BETWEEN 6N AND 10N FROM 136E TO 138E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM WEST OF CHUUK EASTWARD TO THE DATELINE BETWEEN 5N 
AND 10N FROM 146E TO 160E...AND BETWEEN 3N AND 14N FROM 160E TO THE 
DATELINE. THESE AREAS INCLUDE CHUUK...POHNPEI...KOSRAE...KWAJALEIN 
AND MAJURO. 

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.