Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:58:06 -0500

326 
FZPN01 KWBC 260357
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N165W 996 MB MOVING E 35 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 540 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N147W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM W AND SE...480 NM SW AND BETWEEN 360 NM AND 480 NM E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N137W 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 120 AND 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 50N157E 986 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFYING. W OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 46N176E TO 55N170E 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 54N164E 967 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
AND SE OF A LINE FROM 55N173E TO 51N178E TO 39N160E WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N170E 952 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW TO 59N180W TO 52N174W TO 39N160E. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST SE QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 
NM SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 360 NM NE AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 62N180W 952 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM E...660 NM SE AND 960 NM S QUADRANTS AND WITHIN AN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 62N159W TO 40N175E TO 43N150W BACK TO 
62N159W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N128W 990 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 540 NM W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 30 FT. HIGHEST S 
QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 
59N143W TO 55N157W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. N OF 40N E OF 136W WINDS LESS 
THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 45N137W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 125W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 165W AND 175E NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 175E AND 173W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 37N142W 1018 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N138W 1020 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N137W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 51N W 
OF 174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 58N BETWEEN 170W AND 
175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N164W TO 42N177E. 

.HIGH 38N137W 1025 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N126W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED INLAND. 

.HIGH 30N151W 1025 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 38N178E 1030 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N166W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N161W 1033 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N168E 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 28.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 24N E OF 123W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. N OF 28N W OF 
123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 117W AND 127W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 126W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 127W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 15N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.TROUGH 07N124W TO 11N115W TO 14N112W. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF TROUGH
SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 240 NM NW OF TROUGH NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 08N126W TO 13N116W. WITHIN 120 NM NW OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N122W 1012 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 82W AND 92W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 79W AND 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 09N BETWEEN 82W AND 98W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 79W AND 100W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE OCT 26...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N82W TO 06N91W TO 
12N113W TO 07N126W TO 11N138W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM LINE 13N115W TO 10N119W AND LINE 
09N136W TO 09N140W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.