Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:04:43 -0500

845 
FZPN40 PHFO 260504
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 27N178W 1011MB MOVING S SLOWLY. STATIONARY FRONT FROM LOW TO 
30N175W. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 23N179E TO 20N172E...THENCE A 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 24N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT WITHIN 210 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
ELSEWHERE N OF FRONTS AND WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM SE OF LOW AND FRONTS E OF 
179E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONTS W OF 179E... 
AND WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 20N178W TO 16N178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N179E 1012MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 19N177E.  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 174E AND 174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N173E TO 
22N173E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 24N AND 09N E OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 24N AND 09N BETWEEN 166W 
AND 149W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 27N AND 10N BETWEEN 173W 
AND 155W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160W TO 22N178W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 27N148W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 13 TO 18 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N174E TO 30N174W TO 23N179E 
TO 22N167E TO 30N174E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N A LINE FROM 
30N163W TO 18N174E TO 17N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 23N TO 08N E OF 
170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N172E TO 
30N175W TO 22N178E TO 22N167E TO 30N172E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 11N176W TO 18N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
FROM 26N TO 08N E OF 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E TO 
30N173W TO 21N145W TO 08N145W TO 13N160E TO 30N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N157W TO 09N175W TO 08N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM OF ITCZ W OF 175W...AND 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 175W.

$$

.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.