Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:29:18 -0500

592 
ATHW40 PHFO 260529
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 26 2010

THE LATEST WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH CENTERED 
ABOUT 250 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI THAT WAS NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ANOTHER UPPER TROUGH WAS LOCATED FURTHER NORTHWEST OF THE AREA NEAR 
30N180W...ALSO NEARLY STATIONARY. AN UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES THE AREA 
NORTH AND EAST OF 20N150W. 

THE UPPER TROUGH NEAR THE DATELINE IS PRODUCING THE MOST SIGNIFICANT 
WEATHER IN THE AREA WITH A BAND OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS EMBEDDED 
IN A WIDE BAND OF LAYERED CLOUDS. THE BAND IS AFFECTING THE AREA 
WEST OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 15N180W. THE THUNDERSTORM TOPS IN 
THIS BAND ARE NEAR 50000 FEET.  ANOTHER LARGE AREA OF MAINLY HIGH 
CLOUDINESS IS SURGING NORTHWARD AROUND THE UPPER TROUGH CENTERED 
JUST WEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THIS BAND COVERS THE ENTIRE 
MAIN ISLAND CHAIN AND STRETCHES NORTH TO 27N AND SOUTH TO THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ITCZ...AROUND 10N...WHICH IS 
PROVIDING THE MOISTURE SOURCE FOR THIS UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE. 
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS COVERS TO AREA BETWEEN 10N AND 
08N...ALONG THE ITCZ.  

DUE TO THE HIGH CLOUDS COVERING THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...LOWER 
LEVEL CLOUD FEATURES ARE NOT ABLE TO BE SEEN WITH SATELLITE IMAGERY. 
HOWEVER USING RADAR AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS CAN BE FOUND OVER MOST OF KAUAI...OAHU AND 
THE WINDWARD WATERS OF OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY. SHOWERS ARE ALSO 
PERSISTENT ON WINDWARD MAUI AND MOLOKAI. LOWER CLOUDS AND SHOWERS 
ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT AROUND 30 MPH IN AREAS FREE FROM THE 
ISLAND TERRAIN. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.