Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 04:46:31 -0500

370 
FZPN01 KWBC 260946
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N159W 1000 MB MOVING SE 40 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 540 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N150W 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 300 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N140W 1003 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM 
SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 34N TO 51N BETWEEN 131W AND 155W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N136W 993 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 300 AND 420 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 29 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 52N160E 976 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFYING. W OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 50N178W TO 57N174E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 54N164E 966 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
AND SE OF A LINE FROM 55N172E TO 51N178E TO 40N160E WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N172E 951 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 60N177W TO 53N170W TO 37N160E. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST SE QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SE 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 420 NM NE AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N179W 954 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM 
AND 720 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1040 NM SW...740 NM SE AND 480 NM E QUADRANTS 
AND WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 62N157W TO 37N180W TO 
42N151W TO 59N144W BACK TO 62N157W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N127W 998 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 420 NM W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 29 FT. HIGHEST S 
QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 
57N140W TO 56N151W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. N OF 40N E OF 130W 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 42N136W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 124W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N176W TO 34N162W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF THE 
FRONT NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA 29N177E 1012 MB. WITHIN 420 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 36N140W 1020 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N140W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 52N W 
OF 177E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 420 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
56N173W TO 47N172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
55N156W TO 40N180E. 

.HIGH 40N137W 1025 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N126W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED INLAND. 

.HIGH 30N147W 1027 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 38N177W 1029 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WILL SLOW AFTER 24 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N163W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N160W 1033 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N168E 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 28.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 24N E OF 123W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT FROM 24N 
TO 28N AND 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL N OF 28N. N OF 26N W OF 123W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
WITHIN 180 NM  OF THE MEXICAN COAST FROM 18N TO 20N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 117W AND 124W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 113W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N BETWEEN 111W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 07N TO 10N W OF 130W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 15N W OF 138W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.TROUGH 13N112W TO 11N116W TO 09N124W. WITHIN 90 NM SE OF 
TROUGH SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 120 NM NW OF TROUGH 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 12N116W TO 08N125W. WITHIN 120 NM NW OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 12N118W TO 09N130W. WITHIN 120 NM NW OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 82W AND 98W SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 79W AND 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 85W AND 98W SW WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 10N E OF 94W SW WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N133W TO 25N140W. NW OF FRONT NW 
TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0830 UTC TUE OCT 26...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 11N85W TO 
08N90W TO 12N113W TO 09N124W TO 10N136W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTING WAS NOTED WITHIN 180 NM S OF AXIS E OF 93W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN  90 NM NW OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 115W AND 120W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 150 NM N OF AXIS W OF 135W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.