Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 05:40:16 -0500

067 
FZPN40 PHFO 261040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 27N178W 1009MB NEARLY STATIONARY...BUT WILL MOVE W SLOWLY 
WITHIN 12 HOURS. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N176W...AND FROM LOW TO 
23N180E TO 19N170E TO 22N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONTS AND WITHIN 210 NM E OF LOW AND 
FRONTS N OF 24N. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF 
LOW AND FRONTS E OF 180E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF 
FRONTS W OF 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N177E 1012MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 30N177E... 
AND FROM LOW TO 25N179E TO 21N178E TO 19N170E TO 19N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N BETWEEN 174W AND 177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 30N176E TO 
22N173E TO 19N165E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N AND 24N E OF 164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 28N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 12N TO 29N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 176W.

.HIGH 30N148W 1027 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
29N140W...AND FROM HIGH TO 29N162W TO 18N180E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N156W 1029 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 26N146W TO 27N160W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 11 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 175W AND 180E. SEAS 11 TO 
16 FT IN AREA N OF 21N BETWEEN 180E AND 166E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 17N W OF 175W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 
25N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W...AND IN AREA FROM 08N TO 25N E OF 162W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 19N BETWEEN 162W AND 172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 20N BETWEEN 177W AND 
172E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 15N W OF 175W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 26N E OF 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 27N BETWEEN 
146W AND 170W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 10N BETWEEN 170W AND 
173E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 15N W OF 173E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF A POINT 17N179W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 09N152W TO 08N165W TO 08N163E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.