Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:30:34 -0500

379 
ATHW40 PHFO 261230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 26 2010

THE LATEST WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A NEARLY STATIONARY UPPER 
LEVEL LOW CENTERED ABOUT 275 MILES WEST OF KAUAI. ANOTHER UPPER 
TROUGH WAS LOCATED FURTHER NORTHWEST OF THE AREA NEAR 30N179W...ALSO 
NEARLY STATIONARY. AN UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES THE AREA NORTH AND EAST 
OF 20N150W. 

THE UPPER TROUGH NEAR THE DATELINE IS PRODUCING THE MOST SIGNIFICANT 
WEATHER IN THE AREA WITH A BAND OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS EMBEDDED 
WITHIN A WIDE BAND OF LAYERED CLOUDS. THE BAND IS AFFECTING THE AREA 
WEST OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 15N180W. THE THUNDERSTORM TOPS IN 
THIS BAND ARE NEAR 50000 FEET. ANOTHER LARGE AREA OF MAINLY HIGH 
CLOUDINESS IS SURGING NORTHWARD AROUND THE UPPER TROUGH CENTERED 
JUST WEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THIS BAND COVERS THE ENTIRE 
MAIN ISLAND CHAIN AND STRETCHES NORTH TO 27N AND SOUTH TO THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ITCZ...AROUND 10N...WHICH IS 
PROVIDING THE MOISTURE SOURCE FOR THIS UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE. 
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS COVERS TO AREA BETWEEN 10N AND 
08N...ALONG THE ITCZ.  

DUE TO THE HIGH CLOUDS COVERING THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...LOWER 
LEVEL CLOUD FEATURES ARE NOT ABLE TO BE SEEN WITH SATELLITE IMAGERY. 
HOWEVER USING RADAR AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS CAN BE FOUND OVER MOST OF KAUAI...OAHU AND 
THE WINDWARD WATERS OF OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY. SHOWERS ARE ALSO 
PERSISTENT ON WINDWARD MAUI AND MOLOKAI. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO 
OVER THE KONA COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. IN AREAS FREE FROM THE ISLAND 
TERRAIN...THE LOW CLOUDS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE MOVING TO THE 
WEST AT AROUND 30 TO 35 MPH. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.