Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:40:15 -0500

067 
FZPN40 PHFO 261640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 27N179W 1009MB MOVING WNW SLOWLY. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 
30N177W...AND FROM LOW TO 22N179E TO 19N169E TO 22N160E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 210 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONTS E OF 
168E...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF LOW AND FRONTS N OF 24N. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF LOW AND FRONTS E OF 180E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT W OF 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N176E 1014MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 25N178E TO 
21N178E TO 18N166E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 E OF TROUGH N OF 
23N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED FAR N OF AREA AND DISSIPATED. TROUGH 
FROM 30N174E TO 20N170E. SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
TROUGH.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 25N E OF 166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 28N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 12N TO 27N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 178W.

.HIGH 30N151W 1027 MB MOVING W 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 29N140W... 
AND FROM HIGH TO 30N160W TO 27N165W TO 17N179E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 29N148W TO 30N155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 25N150W TO 26N157W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 10 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 24N BETWEEN 176W AND 180E. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT IN AREA N OF 20N BETWEEN 180E AND 167E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 16N W OF 175W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 
26N BETWEEN 168W AND 175W...AND IN AREA FROM 07N TO 25N E OF 160W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 19N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 12N W OF 177W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 26N E OF 170W...AND IN AREA N OF 11N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 08N BETWEEN 148W AND 
179E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 27N E OF 148W...IN AREA N OF 12N 
BETWEEN 179E AND 170E...AND IN AREA N OF 17N W OF 170E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF A POINT 14N179E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N149W TO 07N166W TO 08N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ W OF 178E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ E OF 178E.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.