Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:22:12 -0500

641 
FZPN01 KWBC 262222
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N154W 1000 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N150W 1001 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM  
SW QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N138W 1000 MB. FROM 37N TO 48N BETWEEN 
141W AND 149W AND BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 42N146W. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 33N TO 52N BETWEEN 128W AND 151W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N137W 993 MB. FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 
139W AND 144W N TO NW WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N134W 993 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 
NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 46N134W TO 46N128W TO 42N126W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 49N BETWEEN 
124W AND 145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 54N164E 964 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT AND 180 NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 55N171E TO 53N176E TO 
50N179W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 31N160E TO 46N175W TO 58N179E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N172E 951 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 62N174W TO 55N167W TO 49N178W TO 35N162E. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS AND 120 NM SE OF FRONT S OF 50N AND N OF 
40N WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 36 FT...HIGHEST SE QUADRANT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 660 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 62N179W 957 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM S AND 660 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N126W 1004 MB MOVING SE 15 KT AND WEAKENING. WITHIN 300 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN 
NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. N OF 40N E OF 127W 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 41N134W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 128W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 173W AND 178E E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 164W AND 
175E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 171W AND 177E AREA OF 
SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N154W 988 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 51N162W TO 41N175W. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 300 NM SE 
QUADRANTS AND 240 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 36N138W 1020 MB MOVING E 11 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 165E AND 178W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
55N167W TO 45N174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
52N158W TO 39N178W. 

.HIGH 40N136W 1025 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 30N151W 1028 MB MOVING W 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N171W 1033 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N161W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N159W 1033 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 42N163E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 28.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 93W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 95W SW WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 95W SW WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 07N TO 10N W OF 135W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 24N E OF 121W TO BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT TO 12 FT EXCEPT 12 TO 16 FT IN N SWELL NW OF 
28N. N OF 24N W OF 121W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT 
IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NE PART.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 117W AND 123W NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 17N W OF 
113W EXCEPT N OF 26N W OF 136W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 111W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.WESTERN LOW PRES 09N122W 1010 MB MOVING W 6 KT AND EASTERN LOW 
PRES NEAR 11N117W 1009 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 75 NM OF WESTERN 
LOW PRES WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 113W AND 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WESTERN LOW PRES DISSIPATED. EASTERN LOW PRES 
11N119W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF EASTERN LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N121W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW 
PRES WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 210 NM NE 
QUADRANT OF LOW WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N136W TO 28N140W. W OF FRONT NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N131W TO 24N140W. W OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1400 UTC TUE OCT 26...

.LOW PRES 11N117W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE.

.LOW PRES 09N122W...ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM W QUADRANT.

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF COAST BETWEEN 81W AND 85W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM LOW PRES 
NEAR 10N90W TO 09N96W TO 11N115W TO 08N130W TO 09N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 92W AND 93W AS 
WELL AS WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF 136W.

$$
.FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.