Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:50:36 -0500

593 
FZPN40 PHFO 262250
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 28N179W 1010 MB MOVING WNW 15 KT. COLD FRONT 30N177W TO 25N177W 
TO 20N175E TO 18N166E TO 21N160E. WITHIN 180 NM E AND NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM E...AND 
WITHIN 420 NM SE AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT E OF 168E. GALE 
FORCE CONDITIONS EXTEND N OF FORECAST AREA. PLEASE SEE OCEAN 
PREDICTION CENTER HIGH SEAS FORECAST FZPN01 KWBC FOR DETAILS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 29N172E 1013 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 
NM E QUADRANT SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH REMAINS FROM 27N164E TO 
30N165E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.RIDGE 30N163E TO 27N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.FROM 13N TO 24N BETWEEN 161W AND 151W E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 25N BETWEEN 166W AND 140W E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 27N BETWEEN 174W AND 149W E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 26N BETWEEN 179W AND 152W E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.EXCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...N OF 17N W OF 177W SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
N OF 07N E OF 175W SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ACCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...N OF 10N W OF 174W 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST ACCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...N OF 10N W OF 180W 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT...HIGHEST FAR NW.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED TSTMS FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 173E AND 177W. 

.ITCZ 07N160E TO 08N179E TO 07N159W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 167E AND 177E...AND BETWEEN 
174W AND 157W. ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF THE ITCZ. 

$$

.FORECASTER DEJESUS. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.