Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:45:41 -0500

800 
FZPN01 KWBC 270045
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N150W 1002 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM 
SW AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N137W 997 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 43N132W TO 38N130W. FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 139W AND 
146W AND WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 40N143W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM 
W...BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM S AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM NE 
AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N135W 1001 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SE...540 NM NW AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS 
AND BETWEEN 300 NM AND 600 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 56N167E 952 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 57N174E TO 50N175W. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND 
180 NM NE OF FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST 
IN S QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND 
300 NM NE OF FRONT AND 480 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 51N179E TO 
39N160E  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 61N176E 950 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 55N161W TO 49N175W TO 41N172W. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 480 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 40 FT...HIGHEST SE 
QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 45N160E TO 53N173W TO 
58N158W AND WITHIN 420 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 40N WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N176W 958 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SE 
AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 175W AND 177E E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 167W AND 
175E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 172W AND 177E AREA OF 
SE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N149W 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 54N147W TO 47N161W TO 40N173W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 52N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
420 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 48N124W 1009 MB MOVING E 15 KT AND WEAKENING. FROM 44N TO 
54N E OF 131W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 40N AND E OF 135W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 45N137W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.LOW 36N138W 1020 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N162W TO 44N177E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
51N153W TO 38N177W. 

.HIGH 40N131W 1026 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 30N153W 1027 MB MOVING W 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N166W 1033 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N159W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N158W 1032 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N170E 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL 
2230 UTC TUE OCT 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES
MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

SECURITE

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 28.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 93W  SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 95W
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 07N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 95W
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.

.N OF 28N E OF 124W  NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 12 FT TO 
15 FT.  ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 28N115W TO 14N130W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 16N120W TO 13N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 23N E OF 126W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 09N139W 1011 MB MOVING W AT 6 KT DRIFT W.  WITHIN 75 
NM NW QUADRANT  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 
14N W OF 130W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES DISSIPATED.  CONDITIONS MERGED WITH 
ABOVE PARAGRAPH. 

.SECOND LOW PRES 11N117W 1010 MB.  WITHIN 60 NM OF SECOND LOW 
PRES  WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 12N120W.  LITTLE CHANGE IN WIND AND 
SEAS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 13N121W 1012 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LOW PRES  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 23N 
BETWEEN 110W AND 126W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.30 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 26N140W.  W OF FRONT
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N131W TO 24N140W.  W OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE OCT 26...

.LOW PRES 11N117W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF CENTER. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM LOW PRES AT 10N90W 
TO 08N96W TO 11N115W TO 07N132W TO 09N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS W OF 131W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.