Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:23:07 -0500

761 
FZPN01 KWBC 270422
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED OCT 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N146W 1002 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM 
SW AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 420 
NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N137W 993 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 45N139W TO 45N132W TO 43N129W TO 34N130W. WITHIN 300 
NM W QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 51N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N134W 1002 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 140W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 58N169E 948 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 58N179E TO 55N176W. WITHIN 480 NM SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 
240 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 
FT...HIGHEST SE QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
AND WITHIN 420 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 53N169W TO 46N174E TO 
39N160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 61N178E 953 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S 
AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 28 TO 40 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE WATERS WITHIN 660 NM E AND NE...960 NM 
SW AND 840 NM SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 540 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
57N156W TO 52N168W TO 40N173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N175W 955 MB. WITHIN 1020 NM SW AND 720 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 1140 NM S AND 900 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N147W 980 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 56N142W TO 51N147W TO 38N175W. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 660 NM SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 
240 NM SE AND S OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 124W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 170W AND 175E E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 177W AND 170E WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN E TO NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW INLAND 54N121W 1010 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 
660 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
44N137W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.LOW 36N136W 1016 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 420 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 56N178W TO 45N172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N160W TO 42N178E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
52N148W TO 38N175W. 

.HIGH 41N128W 1022 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED INLAND. 

.HIGH 33N129W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N166W 1033 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N161W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N159W 1030 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N170E 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 42N172E DESCRIBED BELOW.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N172E 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL 
0430 UTC WED OCT 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES
MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

SECURITE

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 29.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 93W  SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 95W
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 07N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 95W
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.

.N OF 28N E OF 124W  NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 13 
FT.  ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 26N112W TO 14N133W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 16N120W TO 13N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 23N E OF 126W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 09N140W 1011 MB MOVING W AT 6 KT.  FROM 09N TO 14N  
W OF 133W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES W OF 140W.  CONDITIONS MERGED WITH 
ABOVE PARAGRAPH. 

.SECOND LOW PRES 11N118W 1007 MB.  WITHIN 60 NM NW SEMICIRCLE OF 
CENTER  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 12N119W 1009 MB.  LITTLE CHANGE IN 
WIND AND SEAS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 13N121W 1010 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LOW PRES  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 23N 
BETWEEN 110W AND 126W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 26N140W.  W OF FRONT
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 24N140W.  W OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED OCT 27...

.LOW PRES 11N117W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF CENTER. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO LOW PRES 
1007 MB AT 10N90W TO LOW PRES 1010 MB AT 11N118W TO 07N132W TO 
09N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS E OF 90W AND 
WITHIN 150 NM N OF AXIS W OF 135W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.