Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:45:09 -0500

512 
FZPN40 PHFO 270445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED OCT 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 28N178E 1011 MB MOVING W 20 KT. COLD FRONT 30N177W TO 
27N177W...THEN STATIONARY TO 20N178E TO 18N167E TO 20N160E. WITHIN 
240 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM E...420 NM SE...AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ALSO N OF THE FRONT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT...AND 
WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE OF THE FRONT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. SCATTERED TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF THE FRONT E OF 168E. PLEASE SEE OCEAN PREDICTION 
CENTER HIGH SEAS FORECAST FZPN01 KWBC FOR DETAILS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 29N172E 1013 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 
NM E QUADRANT SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH REMAINS FROM 27N164E TO 
30N165E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 09N140W 1010 MB MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
CENTER. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH 05N170E TO 11N171E TO 16N173E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO OCCASIONALLY STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM OF THE TROUGH S 
OF 171E. 

.RIDGE 30N163E TO 27N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.FROM 10N TO 26N E OF 168W E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 27N BETWEEN 174W AND 149W E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 26N BETWEEN 179W AND 152W E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.EXCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...FROM 07N TO 26N E OF 174W SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST ACCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...N OF 10N W OF 174W 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST ACCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...N OF 10N W OF 180W 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT...HIGHEST FAR NW.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ITCZ 06N160E TO 06N167E...AND 07N175E TO 07N161W TO 09N147W TO 
09N141W. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 176W AND 
154W. ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF ITCZ.  

$$

.FORECASTER DEJESUS. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.