Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 00:36:37 -0500

992 
ATHW40 PHFO 270536
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED OCT 27 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 27 2010

THE TRAILING END OF A SCATTERED HIGH CLOUD BAND COVERS THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS EVENING. THESE CLOUDS ARE TRAVELING NORTH AT 
15 MPH AND ARE RESULTING FROM A WESTWARD MOVING UPPER LEVEL LOW 
CENTERED AT 23N166W. THE CLOUDS RANGE IN DEPTH FROM 20 KFT TO 33 KFT 
AND COVER AN AREA FROM 18N TO 27N AND 150W TO 163W. BASED ON RADAR 
AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS...A STRONG TRADE-WIND SHOWER REGIME IS 
GOING ON OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. RADAR IS TRACKING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS MOVING MOSTLY OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA PORTIONS OF THE 
ISLANDS...WITH SOME OF THEM CARRYING OVER TO LEEWARD. THE LOW CLOUDS 
ARE A BIT OBSCURED ON IR THIS EVENING...BUT FROM WHAT CAN BE 
INTERPRETED FROM THE LAST VISIBLE IMAGES TODAY BEFORE SUNSET IS 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY CUMULUS CLOUD BUILD UPS OVER THE WINDWARD 
AND MOUNTAIN AREAS WITH A SLIGHT BIT OF BREAK UP OVER LEEWARD 
PORTIONS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS. THE BIG ISLAND HAS CLOUDS ACROSS 
THE LOWER SLOPES FROM FROM UPOLU POINT TO VOLCANO AND FROM NAALEHU 
TO SOUTH POINT TO JUST NORTH OF KAILUA-KONA.

OVER WINDWARD COASTAL AND OFFSHORE WATERS...BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS 
ARE TRACKING WESTWARD TOWARDS THE ISLANDS FROM UPSTREAM AT 20 TO 25 
MPH. MOST OF THESE CLOUDS ARE BETWEEN 20N TO 28N AND EXTEND FAR BACK 
INTO THE EASTERN CENTRAL PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...ANOTHER UPPER LOW IS CENTERED AT 30N177E AND IS 
TRAVELING WESTWARD OUT OF THE AREA. DENSE LAYERED CLOUDS LINE TH 
EASTERN FLANK OF THIS LOW AND EXTEND ACROSS THE 180 LINE. THESE 
CLOUDS ARE BOUNDED BETWEEN 13N TO 34N AND 175W TO 175E.

FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII...IN THE ITCZ...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS RUN 
BETWEEN 05N TO 11N AND 147W TO 178W. STORM TOPS REACH 52 KFT IN 
HEIGHT.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.