Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 05:19:45 -0500

189 
FZPN01 KWBC 271019
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED OCT 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N140W 1002 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM SW...480 NM SE AND NW AND 300 NM NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N134W 997 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 45N135W TO 45N127W TO 39N126W. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 120 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
33N TO 50N BETWEEN 124W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N132W 1003 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 146W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 59N172E 949 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 17 TO 35 FT...HIGHEST S OF 
LOW. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 420 NM SE 
OF A LINE FROM 53N165W TO 38N160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 62N180W 956 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S 
AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE WATERS WITHIN 420 NM NE...540 NM E AND 
1080 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 420 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 59N153W 
TO 42N179W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N171W 967 MB. WITHIN 840 NM SE...960 NM 
S AND 1200 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 33 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 45N W OF 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 
...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N150W 985 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 
360 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 61N146W 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 59N140W TO 55N140W TO 40N165W. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 127W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT WITH 
N SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 172W AND 172E E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT WITH E TO NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW WELL INLAND 52N118W 1013 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 480 NM 
W AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 
FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
44N134W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.LOW 36N134W 1014 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
44N134W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 420 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 55N172W TO 46N173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N157W TO 41N180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 35N126W 1021 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 40N162W 1034 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N158W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N159W 1031 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N164E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 42N179E DESCRIBED BELOW. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N179E 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

PART 2 MISSING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.