Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 05:47:28 -0500

526 
FZPN40 PHFO 271047
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED OCT 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 29N176E 1011 MB MOVING W 15 KT. FRONT FROM 30N180W TO 25N179W 
TO 21N177E TO 21N167E DRIFTING W SLOWLY. SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF 26N BETWEEN 173W AND 178E. ALSO N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 
28N BETWEEN 175E AND 172E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 176W AND 
179E N OF 23N...AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 175E AND 173E. SEE HIGH SEAS 
FORECAST FZPN01 KWBC FROM OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER FOR FORECAST 
DETAILS N OF 30N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING LOW 30N171E 1015 MB. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 30N165E TO 
27N163E. 

.TROUGH FROM 05N160E TO 09N167E TO 12N171E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 162E AND 170E.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N165E TO 26N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 28N140W MOVING S 15 KT. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT FROM 10N TO 28N BETWEEN 147W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 29N BETWEEN 154W 
AND 176W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 27N BETWEEN 152W 
AND 178W. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.  

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 15N W OF 177W...AND FROM 09N TO 28N BETWEEN 
141W AND 173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 09N BETWEEN 148W AND 177E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 N OF 23N E OF 150W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
N OF 10N BETWEEN 154W AND 178E.  

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N154W TO 08N161W TO 08N172W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 149W AND 162W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 164W AND 171W. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 179W AND 174E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.