Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:30:14 -0500

368 
ATHW40 PHFO 271230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC WED OCT 27 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 27 2010

A WEAKENING UPPER LEVEL LOW IS OBSERVED ON THE WATER VAPOR LOOP 
CENTERED AROUND 23N169W MOVING WEST AT 30 MPH. A FEW HIGH CLOUDS 
ALONG EASTERN FLANK OF THIS LOW REMAIN OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS EARLY THIS MORNING BUT CONTINUE TO THIN OUT OR DRIFT NORTH 
OF THE ISLANDS. THE OVERALL NORTHWARD PROGRESSION OF THE HIGH CLOUDS 
HAVE STOPPED DUE TO NORTHERLY WINDS ALOFT NORTH OF 25N. THE CLOUDS 
ARE NOW COMPACTED INTO AN AREA BETWEEN 20N AND 25N AND 150W TO 163W.

BASED ON RADAR...SURFACE OBSERVATIONS AND SCATTEROMETER PASSES...A 
STRONG TRADE-WIND SHOWER REGIME IS GOING ON OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS DUE TO A HIGH NEAR 38N159W. RADAR IS TRACKING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS MOVING MOSTLY OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA PORTIONS OF THE 
ISLANDS...WITH SOME OF THEM CARRYING OVER TO LEEWARD AREAS. OVER 
HAWAIIAN COASTAL AND OFFSHORE WATERS...BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE 
TRACKING WESTWARD TOWARDS THE ISLANDS AND AGAINST THE MOUNTAINS AT 
20 TO 25 MPH. MOST OF THESE CLOUDS ARE BETWEEN 20N TO 29N AND EXTEND 
FAR BACK INTO THE EASTERN CENTRAL PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...ANOTHER UPPER LOW IS CENTERED AT 29N173E AND IS 
TRAVELING WESTWARD OUT OF THE AREA. DENSE LAYERED CLOUDS LINE THE 
EASTERN FLANK OF THIS LOW AND COVER AN AREA FROM THE ITCZ NEAR 10N 
TO 35N AND 177W TO 176E. SOUTH OF 20N...EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE 
FORMED WITHIN THE CLOUD BAND AND EXTEND TO 50 KFT IN HEIGHT.

FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII...IN THE ITCZ...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS RUN 
BETWEEN 06N TO 11N AND 148W TO 178W. STORM TOPS REACH 52 KFT IN 
HEIGHT IN THIS AREA.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.